A new year, new start and all that. I haven’t written anything in a while, so thought I’d reflect on 2011, and collect a few aspirations, wishes, and dreams for 2012. Here goes!
2011 achievements (not necessarily in chronological order):
- Got engaged
- Got an allotment, and started growing vegetables
- Graduated from Bangor University with a distinction in my MA Applied Linguistics
- Bought our house (finally – after starting the process in October 2010!)
- Renovated our house
- Got married!
- Decided I want to be an artist full-time
- Made plans for extending our new house, and building a studio for me
- Planned the garden, and started work
- Enjoyed my new kitchen
- Started baking more
- Had our first house guest (Thanks Aunt Jen!)
- Took lots of photographs
- Made my first Christmas cake single-handedly!
And my aspirations for 2012:
- Build my studio
- Have a pretty garden by summer
- Get more adventurous with cooking
- Start painting
- Draw a picture every day (this is a resolution which I’ve already broken – tut!)
- Get some art into a gallery by the end of the year
- Clear out my mum’s garden shed (the rest of her house is fairly presentable now!)
- Make some money!
- Grow plants from seed for the allotment
- Visit the allotment regularly
- Keep in touch with old friends
- Make friends in Cheltenham
- Join a choir
- Be a nicer person (bit general, but I want to try!)
- Take (yet) more photographs
- Bake more
- Get a dog!
- Do more exercise (a dog will help!)
- Do something productive/creative every day
Neither of these are definitive lists, but they’re a start. And I feel more resolved to do these things now that I’ve written them down! I can’t wait to have my studio, and make a mess with paint and charcoal and thread and beads and and and…